Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Little Things

This is the day, this is the day

that the Lord has made,

that the Lord has made.

I will rejoice, I will rejoice

and be glad in it, and be glad in it.

This is the day that the Lord has made,

I will rejoice and be glad in it.

This is the day, this is the day

that the Lord has made!!!

This song directly led to my conversion.


I was in the bunk of my boyfriend's stepdad's BigRig somewhere between California and Oregon in the middle of the night. Two other truckers sang this over the CB and said a short prayer of thanksgiving and then they were passed each other, and the radio was silent. I sat back there and was struck at how far away from God I was. Right there, I cried in repentance and gave my life to the Lord. I was 23.

So, in that Little Thing, a Sunday school song sang in fellowship, these two Believing truck drivers changed my life. They have no idea. They won't, until they reach the Bema Seat and find that they pointed a lost little girl to the Light.

So I often remind my children that the Lord uses The Little Things. He uses the word of praise to Him spoken at the grocery store to the lady who can't believe I have 8 children 10 and under. My favorite reply to "Are they all yours?" is: "Oh, yes, aren't I blessed??" with a big smile. I can usually tell someone of my faith when I reply this way.

He uses The Little Things like a smile and good natured response even when Baby poops all over you while out and about.

He uses The Little Things, so don't forget to do The Little Things. You may bring someone to Heaven with you, and you might not even know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please feel free to leave kind words, new ideas, requests for recipes, even gentle criticism if needed in the spirit of Proverbs 16:24.

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones."