Wednesday, July 7, 2010

THE FIRST EGG!

It's finally happened! One of these lovely ladies made themselves worthwhile!



Was it you?



Or you?



Whoever it was, I am happy!

Here's the first ever egg produced by the Crew's chickens! Here's the $600 egg (on the left):




Cute little thing, isn't it! I love its dark reddish brown color. I hope they stay that dark! It weighed in at one and a quarter ounces and measured about an inch and a half long. It's in the fridge now, waiting for Poppa to come home and admire it. He worked hard last spring for this moment!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That first egg is like striking gold after panning for six months. It's a great feeling. I danced for days after my first egg. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! We have 3 chickens and I haven't had to buy eggs for over a year. It's lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please feel free to leave kind words, new ideas, requests for recipes, even gentle criticism if needed in the spirit of Proverbs 16:24.

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones."