Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Good News Club

http://www.fibcministries.com/site/Portals/0/Gallery/Album/5/Good%20News%20Clubs%202007-08_1%20%20GNC%20logo.JPG

We are busy attending The Good News Club this week. I brought my camera the first day, but forgot to use it. I forgot to bring it the next morning. I finally remembered to bring AND use it, so tomorrow I hope to get post some pictures.

The Good News Club is a ministry of Child Evangelism Fellowship. I remember attending during grade school when I was a little girl. Once a week, several children, including myself, would bring a sack lunch, get aboard a little bus and travel a few blocks away to a little Baptist church. We enjoyed our lunch while hearing the Gospel preached. We sang songs and competed in Bible memory competitions. I don't remember anything more specific, but I do know the Word doesn't go out void. It was a good use of our time and I am thankful that our school participated.

Thanks, Jenni, for hosting this special little Club!

Trouble, Missy and Jack have learned the little songs quite quickly. I can hear them singing throughout the day. The learned:

One, two, three, Jesus loves me. One, two, Jesus loves you. Three, four, He loves you more than you've ever been loved before. Five, six, seven, we're going to heav'n. Eight, nine, a mansion is mine. Nine, ten, it's time to end; but instead we'll sing it again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good news to all the world! Good news to all who hear! Good news to everyone- Lets tell the message loud and clear! Believe that Jesus died, and that He rose again. He wants to live in you and be your Savior and your friend!

He'll help us do what's right, and learn of things above. Let's sing and share and have some fun and do it all in love! He'll show us how to grow, and ways that we can serve. We want to know His perfect plan by following His word!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus; What can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus. Oh! Precious is the flow that keeps me white as snow;
No other fount I know, Nothing but the blood of Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please feel free to leave kind words, new ideas, requests for recipes, even gentle criticism if needed in the spirit of Proverbs 16:24.

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones."