I made up a batch of Kosher Dills today. This is one of my very favorite recipes ever! Three days on the counter and it's dill pickle heaven...
Kosher Dill Pickles
- 1 gallon cucumber
- 1/3 cup instant minced onion
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 6 heads fresh dill (or 6 tbsp dill seeds)
- 2 quarts water
- 1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup canning salt
- Slice cucumbers lengthwise into quarters, or slice into rounds, and add to jars along with the dill.
- Boil liquids and seasonings to dissolve the salt then cool. Pour over pickles and let sit on counter for three days turning them occasionally, then refrigerate for up to a year.
- Please do not try to use the regular grocery store cucumbers, they have wax on them and they will not turn out. You can use grocery store pickling cucumbers as they are not waxed.