Saturday, January 15, 2011

Homemade Sausage



I made homemade sausage today. It was good, but I misread the recipe and used too much rosemary. I have ten more pounds of pork to grind and season today. I'll freeze the sausage in two pound portions.
Breakfast Sausage

2 pounds freshly ground pork
2 tsp kosher salt
1 1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp fresh sage, finely minced
2 tsp fresh thyme, finely minced
1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely minced
1 Tbsp light brown sugar
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

Mix spices throughout meat well. Let meat sit, covered in the fridge, for an hour. Form into patties and cook as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please feel free to leave kind words, new ideas, requests for recipes, even gentle criticism if needed in the spirit of Proverbs 16:24.

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones."