Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Some Antique Books

Here are two of my shelves of antique books. The little pottery pot is from the Navajo Nation. A friend who taught on the reservation school gave it to me. You can see my oldest book on the top of the right pile.



The biggest book on the bottom left in this picture is a Bible from 1845. I the Family Record pages, a marriage is recorded, then the birth of a daughter. Nine months later, there's an inscription recording the baby's death, and there is a lock of blond baby hair tied with a ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please feel free to leave kind words, new ideas, requests for recipes, even gentle criticism if needed in the spirit of Proverbs 16:24.

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones."