Friday, July 29, 2011

Baked Burritos

We had a yummy new 'recipe' tonight. I made the standard burrito fare: spiced ground beef, Spanish Rice, beans, shredded lettuce and cheese, and sour cream. If I had planned ahead, like KidCraze did, I would have made tortillas, but, alas, Costco provided those. I offered four dinner choices: tacos, taco salad, burritos and baked burritos.



Almost everyone chose the baked burritos. They are yummy and simple.


Baked Burritos

Spoon a measure of ground beef, rice and beans into a flour tortilla. Top with cheese. Roll and place in an ungreased baking pan. Repeat until pan is filled. Spread tops of burritos with butter. Broil for a few minutes until golden.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, Yum!
    The butter is a great way to get some extra good calories into my scrawny people.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please feel free to leave kind words, new ideas, requests for recipes, even gentle criticism if needed in the spirit of Proverbs 16:24.

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones."