Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Bookmarks For Abbott


My dear Abbott.  All day, every day, spent in an institution without a mother's love.  Perhaps even without anyones real attention.  Did he get enough food today?  Did anyone meet his eyes and greet him?  Did someone abuse him?  There's no way to know.

A while after finding Reece's Rainbow, I asked the Lord who He would have me pray specifically for, advocate for, yell for, yes, even love, from a distance.  Abbott was the one to whom He directed me.

Now, my eldest daughter and I have been given an idea of how to build his adoption fund.  This money will help the adopting family who chooses him with the costs associated with international adoption. The costs are great.  Indeed, they are considered a ransom by many, as they are what stands between loving families and the children they so desperately want.  


We have crocheted these bookmarks using #10 thread. They are beautiful and delicate and yet durable at the same time, just like any child must be to survive long in an institution.  Each is available FREE for a confirmed donation to Abbott's fund of $10 or more.  We hope to get his fund to at least $2500.  Then he can move to the "Sizable Grants" page where he will be seen more often. He's made it to Sizable Grants!  Now we are aiming at $3000 in his grant fund.  Please pray that his Daddy and Mommy find him soon!  

If you want help him find his family, click here, donate $10 or more, then forward the receipt that you receive from Reece's Rainbow to bookmarks4abbott@yahoo.com.  Tell me which bookmark you want and your mailing address and I will get it out to you and mark it as "CLAIMED" here.

There are no duplicate bookmarks, so if one catches you eye, act quickly!  I will mail by the time of the requests if there are multiple requests for the same bookmark.

Thank you for helping my dear Abbott.  I very much look forward to the day I can write the marvelous words announcing that he has a family coming for him.  With God's grace that day can be in his future!  Please pray.

Red Cross

Pretty Petite

Blue Ribbon

Pretty in Pink

2 comments:

  1. "A while after finding Reece's Rainbow, I asked the Lord who He would have me pray specifically for, advocate for, yell for, yes, even love, from a distance. Abbott was the one to whom He directed me." - Same with me! I just found your blog today and love you for loving this boy! I have been fervently praying for him for months. Thank you!!! Please let me know how I can help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you have found me! I have been blessed to get Abbott for my Angel Tree child, so I'll be doing fundraisers for him and showing his beautiful face off everywhere, trying to find his mama! Do you have a blog where you could also link and yell? We could totally partner this AT season for him! I'd love to brainstorm ideas with you!

      Delete

I love comments! Please feel free to leave kind words, new ideas, requests for recipes, even gentle criticism if needed in the spirit of Proverbs 16:24.

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones."