Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Just for the Halibut


My friend Nichole blessed us recently with some fish her husband caught. I have to admit, I have not cooked fish all that often. My husband is an avid fisherman, but most of the places he goes are catch-and-release. When he does bring home a catch, he cooks it up himself. I am a fish-cooking-novice. The fish called my name nightly from the freezer, but I had no idea what to do with and was a more than a bit afraid to ruin it! However, this halibut, covered in a seasoned breading, baked up just perfect. It was De-licious! Thanks so much Nichole!

Breading Mix For Fish

1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon black pepper
salt


Mix together. Coat fish with egg, then dip in breading mix. Bake on a lightly greased baking sheet at 350 for about 25 minutes or until flaky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please feel free to leave kind words, new ideas, requests for recipes, even gentle criticism if needed in the spirit of Proverbs 16:24.

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones."