Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Chipotle Burritos

I've been trying to make a great chipotle meat for a while. Tonight, I think I found one that will be the go-to recipe. It's really good. Hot, spicy and easy.



I paired it with homemade refried beans, shredded cheese and lettuce.



It made for some mighty fine tacos.



Chipotle Roast



3 lbs chuck roast, trimmed of visible fat

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon pepper

2 teaspoons chili powder

2 teaspoons cumin

3 chipotle chiles in adobo

1 (4 ounce) cans green chilies (I used homemade)

1 (7 ounce) cans salsa verde (I used Green El Pato)

1 cup sliced onions, optional

3 teaspoons minced garlic

1 cup beef broth or water



Place roast in crockpot. Place all the other ingredients in a blender and liquify. Pour over roast and cook on high for 5-8 hours, the longer the better. When done, remove from crockpot and shred. Put back in crockpot liquid and mix. Serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please feel free to leave kind words, new ideas, requests for recipes, even gentle criticism if needed in the spirit of Proverbs 16:24.

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones."