Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sons and Zipties

You can't have too many. Really!

I wanted a bigger space for my 'teenage' chickens to run around outside. I had been putting them out in a rabbit cage, but they couldn't get really good access to the ground due to the bottom of the cage.

My husband and I pondered a cheap, easy solution, and came up with a temporary chicken tractor design. Today, my sons Vik and Troubles assembled it.

DSCF7382

When it was warm enough, we took them outside for their first real scratch session.

DSCF7383

DSCF7385

I baited the grass with some king mealworms. You gotta make the first time rewarding, right?

DSCF7386

Grow and learn, Ladies, grow and learn. Thanks, Boys, for the makeshift tractor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please feel free to leave kind words, new ideas, requests for recipes, even gentle criticism if needed in the spirit of Proverbs 16:24.

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones."